Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Statue

By the time you see this, I'll be in a different time zone.  But that's what's great about automatic posting.

Also, a message from Dwight from the future: don't drink the coffee.

I painted in a sketch of a statue I drew earlier this summer.
I feel like there were subconscious influences from Brett Helquist and the student film, "Tamara."  Or maybe I just felt like making a shout out to them.  Either way, I really need to work on backgrounds because the blue is definitely too dark and flat here.  I really wanted to add more purples and blues but I couldn't make it look right.  But practice will hopefully get me there.  

Yet, as Steven Wright says, "When I was in school the teachers told me practice makes perfect; then they told me nobody's perfect so I stopped practicing."  Just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: