Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cavalia

There's a really cool horse show coming called "Cavalia," and I got the opportunity to see some of the horses arrive and perform.  The horses really made me happy and reminded me of when I was about 10 and obsessed.  There were several little girls with tiny purses that held tiny stuffed animal horses, and they were decidedly excited.

These horses are cared for very very well by riders who love them and that also made me happy, for both.  I really want to see the whole performance now!

Waiting


The horses get flown in sometimes.  I've seen similar drawings of
animals carried like this (most recently Naga from "The Legend
of Korra"!) and this is my drawing of that.  Sort of.

The horses moved a lot, to see all the people taking pictures of them, so many of my drawings got stopped midway.  Interestingly, they all seemed to stop at the same part.










Paint horse.  One eye was blue.


Guy leaning in upper left; Roman riding on the rest of the page.



When I finished this drawing, I said "Thank you" to the horse,
who proceeded to turn around and face me with his rear.  Diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: