Sunday, July 8, 2012

2012 Summer Sketchbook (Part 1)

This has been a very busy summer!  We recently got back from a trip to the East Coast, and now I've got work, but in between that and reading and drawing more, I've been scanning my sketches!  Here's some now:

This was during a staff training meeting for VBS,
where I was Co-Art Director!

 En route to NYC!
From the plane ride.  I drew a lady's forehead,
but then she moved or something, and I made up the rest.


 NYC!
View from the place we stayed in NY.

Experimenting with the brush pen at the Metro
of a guy at the ATM.

Subway people.  I liked that the little boy had sunglasses,
but he moved a lot.  Hence the sleeping lady.

We went on a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.

I drew some more people in line.

I started drawing a wonderfully obese woman as we started boarding,
but then--as unlikely as it should have been--I lost her in the crowd and
couldn't finish.  The drawing on the left is a quick NY skyline while on
a moving ferry.

On the way back, I drew the people looking at the Statue of Liberty.


Somebody in the man with a bottle's group noticed I was drawing.
She said I was "very good and fast" and her other friend asked to keep
the drawing but I couldn't because I liked the drawings on the other
side of the paper.

I decided I really love brush pens.


Myrna was a drug-sniffing yellow labrador outside the ferry.

From the NBC studio tour, pre-tour (we
weren't even allowed to sketch during it!)

More people from around.


Waiting for a train.


She got mad at her boyfriend for not coming back with
food sooner and gave him the silent treatment.  No lie.

Suspenders!

 Philadelphia

Body's too small, but I caricatured a guy's face while he was waiting for food.

En route to Delaware


(Turn sideways for right half--it's just a picture of an
old woman and a closeup right in front of that.)




Delaware
Beach houses aka practice on slowing down.


Drew things my little cousin demanded I draw,
then she painted it with my water brush.

Cousin's dog; cousin

People at the beach; rotate 90º to understand that the
bundle in the lower left is a sitting lady smoking.











The sideways guy on the upper left took about ten
trips to the ocean to fill a bucket with water.



My poor brush pen started to get dry!



Hula hooper at the boardwalk

I was wearing a Gryffindor Quidditch shirt, and some
Santa-esque guy exclaimed, "Gryffindor! Alright!"  Hence, the quote.

That's about a quarter of my sketchbook scanned.  More to come!  In the meantime, I'll continue reading "Battle Royal" by Koushun Takami.  Really good read, fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: