Sunday, January 15, 2012

BOOKS.

So I've been reading like crazy for the past few days.

Image from here
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: A bit slow, but there were some really nice sentences in there.  That sounds weird, but it's true: every once in a while there was a really good sentence that made me smile or think.  My favorite character was Finn, by far.  Really well-developed and interesting.  Love the "frog face" :-)

Image from Amazon.com
Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede: Kind of predictable.  I liked that you could see the characters grow up, though.

Image from here

Divergent:  Wow.  Amazing.  If you like The Hunger Games, you'll like this book.  Literally couldn't put the book down until about page 200, and that was with some reluctance.  And also because I had to sleep.  SO eager for the 2nd book.  Lots of twists, great story.  Only didn't really like the names of the main characters.  Best novel I've read all year/January.

In art-related news, I found this blog that's really awesome, and is written by a bunch of artists with frequent updates: http://muddycolors.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: