Monday, December 26, 2011

Harry Potter/Hairy Pawter

I hope you've all been having great holidays!  I had a wonderful Christmas yesterday!

So, I hoped to post more now that I'm on break, but obviously that's not the case.  I've still been drawing, though, most recently faces from a terrific book: Harry Potter Page to Screen.  I am one of the biggest Harry Potter fans, and there is so much fantastic artwork and behind-the-scenes information.
(Picture from Amazon)
This behemoth of a book will take me a very long time to read and look at all the pictures, but that makes it worth every penny.  Through the book I've learned about many new artists (mostly concept artists), and more about others.  The standout artist was definitely Stuart Craig.  I really recommend looking at his work.  Actually, just watch the Harry Potter movies--he designed pretty much all of the sets.

Here are some of the drawings I did:
Harry (Dan Radcliffe)
Harry, and I think that's Hermione (Emma Watson) behind him. 
Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch)!
Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione
Ron
Seamus Finnigan (Devon Murray)
Now I will attempt a segue.

Speaking of Harry Potter, a while ago we dressed up our dog, Koa, as Harry Potter (aka Hairy Pawter).  She's so great at staying still. :-)


There's more!


That's me in the orange, laughing.





Recently, she's taken up sleeping on the couch.

Even if it's not particularly comfortable...




She does not appreciate being woken up, either:


She is a wonderful dog, and has even been in some British newspapers with this picture my mom took!

We also have probably the happiest labrador as well, named Rally.

Quick sketch of him sleeping.
Playlist: The regular, plus some Lily Allen, Audioslave, and Snow Patrol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: